|Screaming loud enough to turn back the wind. (whatawaytoburn) wrote,|
@ 2010-09-11 03:49 pm UTC
|Entry tags:||writing: memes|
1. Tell us about your favorite writing project/universe that you've worked with and why.
2. How many characters do you have? Do you prefer males or females?
3. How do you come up with names, for characters (and for places if you're writing about fictional places)?
4. Tell us about one of your first stories/characters!
5. By age, who is your youngest character? Oldest? How about "youngest" and "oldest" in terms of when you created them?
6. Where are you most comfortable writing? At what time of day? Computer or good ol' pen and paper?
7. Do you listen to music while you write? What kind? Are there any songs you like to relate/apply to your characters?
8. What's your favorite genre to write? To read?<
9. How do you get ideas for your characters? Describe the process of creating them.
Uhm well, I'm not actually sure. I get lots of ideas from lots of different places. There's no one way that I know I'll get an idea from and there's no way that I know I won't. My brain likes to work off of a little bit of everything.
10. What are some really weird situations your characters have been in? Everything from serious canon scenes to meme questions counts!
I'm honestly not sure on this one either. I feel like I should have an answer but I'm kind of failing. If anyone who knows me can come up with a situation that I'm not thinking of, feel free to let me know.
11. Who is your favorite character to write? Least favorite?
...Apparently this day is going to be me not answering questions properly. I'm not sure who my favourtie is because I like writing for most people. There's no one that I really dislike writing for and in the same vein, I don't entirely have favourites either. I guess it's whoever is easier at the time, since sometimes I have trouble with words and when someone is around and easy to write for, they usually get extra points in my book.
12. In what story did you feel you did the best job of worldbuilding? Any side-notes on it you'd like to share?
Shrapnel's verse is probably the best. I love the dynamics of her world, I love the bartering and the poly relationships and the favours and the classes and everything. I love the way the world can be manipulated by words and I love that all the monsters hide int he dark but storms keep them away.
I'm going to stop because I've babbled on this verse alredy in this meme and I don't need to do it any more.
13. What's your favorite culture to write, fictional or not?
14. How do you map out locations, if needed? Do you have any to show us?
15. Midway question! Tell us about a writer you admire, whether professional or not!
16. Do you write romantic relationships? How do you do with those, and how “far” are you willing to go in your writing? ;)
17. Favorite protagonist and why!
18. Favorite antagonist and why!
19. Favorite minor that decided to shove himself into the spotlight and why!
20. What are your favorite character interactions to write?
21. Do any of your characters have children? How well do you write them?
22. Tell us about one scene between your characters that you've never written or told anyone about before! Serious or not.
23. How long does it usually take you to complete an entire story—from planning to writing to posting (if you post your work)?
24. How willing are you to kill your characters if the plot so demands it? What's the most interesting way you've killed someone?
25. Do any of your characters have pets? Tell us about them.
26. Let's talk art! Do you draw your characters? Do others draw them? Pick one of your OCs and post your favorite picture of him!
27. Along similar lines, do appearances play a big role in your stories? Tell us about them, or if not, how you go about designing your characters.
28. Have you ever written a character with physical or mental disabilities? Describe them, and if there's nothing major to speak of, tell us a few smaller ones.
29. How often do you think about writing? Ever come across something IRL that reminds you of your story/characters?
30. Final question! Tag someone! And tell us what you like about that person as a writer and/or about one of his/her characters!